Kingdom Community Bank are a credit union. They are a local, not-for-profit financial co-operative owned and controlled by its members. Their mission is to promote the financial wellbeing of people living or working in Fife. They aim to encourage good money management, saving and responsible use of credit.
Why Join? As a member of KCB, you can benefit from:
- Security on savings through the Financial Services Compensation scheme (exactly the same as mainstream banks).
- All funds saved with Kingdom Community Bank are used by the local community.
- Loans are available at affordable rates
- Profits returned to members in the form of an annual dividend or loan interest payment rebate.
- Control over your finances
- Community owned and run by members.
There is a £2.50 joining fee, and a £2 annual service fee.
Welfare Support Workers are here to help you with any benefit or Fife Council issue. The team can help with:
- filling in forms (e.g. application forms, some benefit forms, Scottish Welfare Fund applications. Please note, we cannot help with PIP, DLA or Work Capability Forms)
- accessing computers
- getting referrals to local services
- finding a job and accessing adult learning courses
- starting and maintaining benefit claims, such as Universal Credit
- helping you to understand your payments, claimant commitment or using the Universal Credit system.
- setting up an email account
Sessions are on drop in basis, no appointment necessary.