Advice Sessions & Events
All sessions and events are subject to last minute changes and cancellations. Please call first to check – 01383 432483
Dunfermline Advice Hub, 7 Douglas Street, Dunfermline, KY12 7EB
- 1616.April.MondayNo events
- 1717.April.TuesdayNo events
- 1818.April.WednesdayDunfermline KY12 7EB, United Kingdomhttp://dunfermlineadvicehub.org.uk/event/computer-support-fife-council-digital-skills-volunteers/Dunfermline KY12 7EB, United Kingdom
Digital skills sessions are for anyone who wants to learn more about using a computer. Digital Skills Volunteers will be on hand to he;lp you get to grips with using a computer, from using a mouse and keyboard, to using the internet and applications. Sessions are free, casual and informal, helping you to learn at your pace.
- 1919.April.ThursdayDunfermline KY12 7EB, United Kingdomhttp://dunfermlineadvicehub.org.uk/event/consultation-event-social-isolation-loneliness/Dunfermline KY12 7EB, United Kingdom
Social isolation and loneliness can affect anyone – at all ages and stages of life. In January the Minister for Social Security, Jeane Freeman, launched the Scottish Government’s draft strategy to tackle social isolation and loneliness in Scotland. The Scottish Government would like your views about what needs to be done to tackle this growing issue.Come along for a discussion on how we can tackle social isolation and loneliness in Dunfermline. Forms will also be available for you to write down your thoughts and your views will be relayed back to the Scottish Government.This event is for EVERYONE!This is your chance to influence positive change in your community and ensure the final strategy helps Scotland move towards a Scotland where individuals and communities are more connected and everyone has the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships regardless of age, status, circumstances or identity.The consultation is centred on three key questions:
There is no need to book, just come along any time between 10.30am and 12.30. Refreshments will be available so come in for a cup of tea, a cake and a chat.If you can’t attend but would like to respond to the consultation at home, click here.For further information, please contact Louise Andree, Lead Scotland Fife Befriending on 07950 firstname.lastname@example.org
- What needs to change in our community to reduce social isolation and loneliness and increase the range and quality of social connections?
- Who is key at local level in driving this change, and what do you want to see them doing more (or less) of?
- What does Government need to do nationally to better empower communities and create the conditions to allow social connections to flourish?
If you’re struggling to apply for benefits, such as job seekers allowance or universal credit, come along and speak to the Community Job Club & Welfare Support Team.
They’re here to help with any issue, such as:
Applying for benefits and welfare, such as job seekers, universal credit, housing and council tax benefit.
Filling in forms, on paper or online
CV building, job seeking and applying for jobs online.
Understanding your claimant commitment
foodbank vouchers and foodbank services
further signposting to other agencies that can help.
- 2121.April.SaturdayNo events
- 2222.April.SundayNo events