Getting Help in 2022

If you need help and aren’t sure where to turn, there are lots of organisations here to help. Check out our list below, and if you still aren’t sure, please call 01383 432483, open Tues-Thurs, 10-4pm.

Covid Community Helpline: Whether you are self-isolating through the Test and Protect system, or struggling generally due to the pandemic, you can register for help with things like food, collecting medication, struggling financially, or struggling with feeling lonely. Call 0800 952 0330 or apply online here

Benefit Problems:

If you’re not sure what you are entitled to claim, you can check online using this benefit calculator. If you’re still not sure, Citizens Advice and Rights Fife can advise you further: 0345 1400 095 Mon-Fri, 10am-3pm.

If you’ve been sanctioned unfairly, experienced delays or are having difficulty accessing benefits, Citizens Advice and Rights Fife can advise you on what to do next. 0345 1400 095 Mon-Fri, 10am-3pm.

If you need help to start a Universal Credit application or are struggling to get into your Universal Credit profile online, contact the Welfare Support Team to make an appointment at your local job club. You can find your local welfare support worker here

Domestic Abuse:

If you need urgent help and are in danger, don’t hesitate – call 999

If you need support, call 0808 802 5555 anytime or check out FWA website

Emergency Food Vouchers:

You can get an emergency food vouchers for Dunfermline Foodbank from lots of places, such as Housing Officers, Social Workers, Health Visitors, Mental Health Support Workers, and Addiction Support Workers. If you have a worker that you are currently being supported by, you should ask them first. If you don’t have a support worker currently working with you, you can ask the Welfare Support Workers in your area if they can refer you. To find a Welfare Support worker in your area, click here

Employability and Finding a Job:

Fife Council Job Clubs are a great way to start looking for a job, as well as offering support on a range of other issues too. To find a job club in your area, click here.

Energy, Heating, Gas and Electric

Cosy Kingdom is a free and impartial energy and debt advice service available to all tenants and homeowners across Fife. Call for a telephone appointment on 01592 807930.

Food Surplus and Seasonal Food Projects

Food pantries are a great way to make your normal food shop go a bit further and save excess supermarket food going to waste. Dunfermline have two pantries you can call and register with:

  • Food for Your Future: call 07730 809375 to book your place on Wednesdays 10-2pm, and collect on Thursdays at Touch Community Centre (a time will be given on booking)
  • Baldridgeburn Pantry: call Lauren 07730 751895 or Katherine 07742 400415 anytime to book your parcel for collection at Baldridgeburn Community Centre on a Tuesday. Time will be given on booking.

Health, Wellbeing and Mental Health:

The Well: 03541 551 550, Mondays and Thursdays, 1-3pm, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 10-12pm

Sam’s Cafe: Sam’s is open for one to one support. No referral required, drop in anytime seven days a week. Support for mental health issues, crisis and suicidal thoughts. For people aged 16 years plus (and no longer in school education).

Open Thursdays and Sundays, 12noon to 8pm at Going Forth, First House, Woodmill Road, Dunfermline, KY11 4SS. Call 07725214012 for general enquiries.

Housing & Homelessness:

If you are worried about being made homeless, or are currently homeless, call the homeless crisis team at Fife Council on 0800 028 6231, available 24/7.

If you’re struggling with rent, or want advice on your current housing situation, you can contact your housing officer (if you are a council tenant) or alternatively, you can get advice from Frontline Fife on 01592 800430

Legal Issues:

Fife Law Centre can help with a wide range of legal problems such as: problems paying your rent/mortgage, housing problems, debt, benefit tribunals, domestic abuse and housing, and claiming compensation if you’ve been the victim of a violent crime or sexual abuse. Call to see if they can help on 01592 786710.

Money, Budgeting and Debt Problems:

If you’re struggling to make ends meet or struggle with ongoing debts:

Citizens Advice and Rights Money Advice: 0345 1400 094, Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4pm.

CAP UK: 0800 328 0006, 9:30-5pm, Monday to Thursday, 9:30-3:30pm Fridays

Step Change: online debt advice and budgeting tools that you can access anytime.

Substance Misuse:

If you need help and support for substance misuse, your own or someone else’s, ADAPT are here to give advice, make referrals and support you until you access the right support service. Call them for an appointment: 01592 321 321.